The North Complex of Fred Weber, Inc. has been accepted into the Missouri Environmental Management Partnership (MEMP) with the Missouri Department of Natural Resources (MDNR). This is a very select group (only two other companies) that has been chosen by MDNR to recognize and reward top environmental commitment and performance. MDNR began this program to encourage the development of voluntary Environmental Management Systems (EMS) in all companies to help manage the environmental impact of an organization. The EMS that Fred Weber, Inc. has developed displays a commitment to regulatory compliance, continual improvement through performance-based objectives and periodic review and evaluation of performance to ensure our environmental impact is diminished and our operations are more suitable.
There are many advantages to being accepted into the MEMP program including:
- A single point of contact, or “gatekeeper,” for communications between MDNR and Fred Weber, Inc.’s EMS
- Expedited reviews of permit applications
- Flexibility in permitting new control technologies
- Streamlined reporting
- A process for resolving some regulatory violations without formal enforcement action
- Various forms of recognition including the use of the MEMP logo on our facilities and in public venues.